Automated Colony Counting
Affordable automated colony counting device, featuring new simple to use software that greatly improves efficiency, reliability and productivity.
The new aCOLyte 3 HD software uses a powerful new algorithm for colony counting on pour and spiral plates which until now were only found on the advanced ProtoCOL 3 models. Plates are automatically counted with results directly transferred to Excel or Open office.
The new style aCOLyte 3 HD accepts plates up to 90mm diameter. Lighting is provided by LEDs mounted above and below the sample area for both transmitted and epi illumination. A detachable screen can be used to eliminate strong ambient light if required.
|For standard 90mm petri dishes, smallest detectable colony better than 0.1mm
|Long-life upper and lower LED arrays with darkfield and brightfield
|Minimum PC specification
Processor: Intel Core 2 or Core i processor 2.13 GHz or better
2 free independent USB 2.0 ports, at least one of which supports hi-speed mode. Note that there are three possible port speeds with USB 2.0: Lo-speed (1.5Mbps), full-speed (12Mbps) and hi-speed (up to 480Mbps). The aCOLyte camera requires a hi-speed port
Operating system: Windows 7/10 compatible
- Low Cost aCOLyte 3 HD is a low cost entry into electronic colony counting. Results and plate images are saved to a PC enabling traceability, consistency and report generation in Excel.
- Automated With the aCOLyte 3 HD plates can be counted rapidly. Typically plates can be counted accurately in under 1 second.
- Image display Unlike any manual system the aCOLyte 3 HD displays the image on your computer screen with counted colonies clearly marked. The zoom function allows the user to closely view plates, confirming accurate counting.
- Powerful algorithm The aCOLyte 3 HD uses the powerful Synbiosis algorithm for accurate counting. A colony separator automatically splits touching colonies to further improve the accuracy of the counting process.
- Sensitive CCD camera An integral CCD colour camera can be adjusted to increase the sensitivity of the detection, enabling colonies as small as 0.1mm to be imaged and counted.
- Switchable lighting The LED lighting can be switched from upper to lower options, enabling counting on both light and dark media.
- Database MS SQL Server Express database automatically stores all data.