An automated microprocessor controlled instrument for the on-line measurement of either Total Organic Carbon (TOC) or Total Carbon (TC).
- Measured range chosen from 0-10ppm to 50,000ppm (user specified), for ranges of 10,000ppm and above an automatic dilution is required
- Automatic Zero and Calibration
- Response time from 2 to 6 minutes T90 depending on application
- Accuracy, better than +/- 2% of the instrument range relative to the calibration solution
- Detection limit better than 1% of the calibrated range
- Reagent, acidified Sodium Persulfate typically 5% strength at 1 mil/min consumption
- Carrier gas typically compressed air at 2.2bar 800mil/min
- Power requirements from 100 volts to 240 volts 50/60 Hz <150 watts
- Analyser Height 62cm Width 50cm Depth 28cm Weight 35Kg
- GRP case protected to IP55
- On-line continuous measurement of sample
- Auto zero and auto calibration
- Variable sequence timings to suit application
- Automatic wash system for periodic cleaning with variable timing to suit application
- Large 16×2 dot matrix Liquid Crystal Display
- Integrated key pad and easy menu navigation
- User friendly layout for ease of maintenance
- Long life components reducing cost of ownership
- Isolated 4-20 mA (max 500 ohms load).
- 2 alarm relay set points, non latching for level alarm.
- Utility alarm relay for loss of carrier gas pressure, reagent, or power.
- No sample (or off-line) alarm relay.
- All relay contacts rated at 0.5 Amp 125 volts AC.
- RS232 / RS485 digital (option)
PROTOC® instruments use an Ultra-Violet promoted persulphate oxidation to continuously determine the contamination of organic chemicals present in the sample. A carrier gas continuously sparges the reaction vessel liberating the resultant CO2 gas which is delivered to an Infra-Red detection system. Inorganic carbonates can be automatically removed by sample pre-treatment using an acid sparge. The total organic carbon concentration is continuously reported with a fast speed of response.